- At 10:00 a.m. a shiny disc-shaped object streaked by Capitan, New Mexico
and landed on a nearby hill. At 10:30 a.m. John A. Petsche, an electrical worker, and another person independently witnessed a disc-shaped object, which seemed to land near Tintown, Arizona
. The disc had a mirror-like surface. (Sources: (1) Albuquerque Journal
, July 2, 1947; (2) Coral E. Lorenzen, Flying Saucers: The Startling Evidence of the Invasion from Outer Space
, p. 17; Jacques Vallee, Passport to Magonia: A Century of Landings
, p. 191).
- A brass domed-disc with a transparent clear dome was seen at only 10 meters altitude in Albera Ligure, Italy
at 8:20 p.m. It emitted a gaseous cloud of vapor, then flew away over a hill. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 1416).
- A military pilot named Kelly saw a UFO hover at 6:50 p.m. and pulsate a brilliant red over Topeka, Kansas
. The shape of the object varied from circular to oval in the vertical dimension as the object pulsated. A Project Blue Book "unknown." (Sources: Project Blue Book files counted in official statistics, case 1355; Loren E. Gross, UFOs: A History. 1952: June-July 20th
, p. 27; Kevin Randle, Invasion Washington: UFOs over the Capitol
, p. 267).
- Two ball-shaped objects were seen hovering over Mahonoy City, Pennsylvania
at 8:15 p.m. They glistened brilliantly at the height of normal aircraft height, when suddenly they shot straight up vertically, leaving behind short vapor trail in their wakes. One of the witnesses was a newspaper reporter. (Sources: Loren E. Gross, The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse: UFOs: A History. 1956: May-July
, p. 60; Richard F. Haines, Project Delta: A Study of Multiple UFO, p. 186).
- Twenty-four hours after their previous sighting, a UFO re-appeared in the same position in the sky over the Boianai Mission on Milne Bay, New Guinea
, only a little further off. Four men were again seen occupied with some activity on top of it. Father William Gill waved, and one of the men on the UFO did the same; then all the observers waved, and all four UFO occupants appeared to wave back. Flashlight signals were answered by movements of the object, which oscillated and then came somewhat closer. After this there was no further response. After about 90 minutes of visibility some low clouds obscured the object. (Sources: Rev. Norman E. G. Crutwell, UFOs in the Two Worlds, FSR Special Edition No. 4.,
p. 35; David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports
, case 1959-10, citing FSR Special Issue #4
, Cistella, Spain
- Three Spanish witnesses named Masso, Crous, and Arajil watched two clearly defined, hexagonal cylinders rise into the air, approximately 1,800 feet apart from each other. A disc-shaped UFO flew into view and positioned itself between the cylinders as if to link them. Dense smoke arose, drying the mouths and noses of the witnesses the whole day, and one witness felt a wave of heat. The strange, three-part structure was visible for several minutes before departing at blinding speed. Over an area some ten meters across in a potato field all the leaves were brittle and yellowish. A branch of a nearby pear tree was newly broken off, thrown some distance, and twisted around. (Source: Antonio Ribera, FSR
, November 1966, pp. 3-4).
- Three children, Hugo Cesar Messina, Oscar Crespo, and a third boy were bicycling in Cerro de las Rosas, Cordoba, Argentina
at 5:30 p.m. when they were surprised by the appearance of a silvery colored object. The UFO had on its lower part a kind of helix, where lights of white and sky-blue were revolving. It hovered about 20 meters up and 50 meters away from the boys. On the upper part of the object appeared a couple, a man and a woman, who floated in the air. They were of enormous stature with long white hair, and they wore luminous close fitting garments. Holding hands, they began to descend slowly, disappearing into the object without any door opening. The luminous helix began to rotate at greater speed, and the UFO went away at great speed. (Source: David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports
, case 1968-37, citing Carlos Banchs).
- At 1:30 a.m. a bright orange disc-shaped object dropped down from the sky near some power lines in Galston, Strathclyde, Scotland
. It emitted a bright beam of light, then flew off to the east. (Source: Gordon McKinnon, FSR Case Histories, December 1970, p. 16).
- At 11:40 a.m. Mr. And Mrs. Aristeu Machado, their five daughters, and Mr. Joao Aguiar of Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
watched a grayish metallic object 12-18 feet wide land on the ocean 700-1000 yards away, throwing spray up on all sides. It floated 100 yards closer to shore and they could see that it had a transparent cupola, outside of which were two short, thickset figures wearing dark gray metallic coveralls and helmets. After 30-40 minutes the object took off nearly horizontally. Underneath it showed red, green, and yellow lights. It left behind it a white, floating hoop shaped object and a yellow ball, both of which were lost from view as they floated toward the shore. (Sources: Walter Buhler, "UFO on the sea near Rio", FSR
, May-June 1971, pp. 3-7; David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports
, case 1970-11, citing Irene Granchi and Dr. Walter Buhler; Richard H. Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II: A Thirty-Year Report
, p. 482).
Sea Landing and Occupant report near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 1970
- A 25 meter in diameter metallic disc hovered just 15 meters above a gasoline service station in Pont-a-Mousson, France
at 3:30 a.m. It illuminated the ground as bright as day. That night at 11:20 p.m. a vertical cylinder hung in the sky at only 10 meters altitude in Bouillancourt-la-Bataille, Somme, France
. It had two antennae. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit
, March 1976).
- A mechanical engineer on an airliner flying northwest of Launceston, Tasmania
watched a metallic sphere pace the Boeing 737 aircraft for two minutes, then ascend, flying off toward the north. (Source: Australian Center UFO Studies Catalogue of Reports 1978-1982, p. 5).
- Two witnesses in a mobile home in Raeford, North Carolina
were rattled and shaken up when a disc-shaped object landed in a field nearby. The grass was crushed down where the object had touched down. (Source: MUFON UFO Journal
, October 1992).
- Around four o'clock in the morning at least five witnesses heard a loud hissing sound in Arad, Romania
, and a nearby wheat field became lit up by a very bright light. Traian Crisan, a 48-year-old shepherd, approached the site and saw a light gliding towards the field. He ran to his hut and watched from inside, but then the walls and roof of his house began to shake. He then ran outside and encountered a strong wind. He next noticed a round hovering object, and through a small opening he could see two short men who appeared to be holding a tube. Both men had beards--one a long white beard--and both had slanted eyes. They also wore headphone-like devices on their heads, and held instruments in their hands. The nearby sheep panicked and ran when blue flames shot from out of the bottom of the craft as it accelerated straight up and disappeared. Later that day a flattened circular area of wheat was found at the site. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1994, case 2282, citing Michael Hesemann, The Cosmic Connection
- An "airplane" landed on a jagged peak in Parc de la Mouliere, Alpes-Maritime, France
in the early afternoon. It was joined by two ovoid flying objects. When a witness attempted to videotape the event, his camcorder failed to work. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit
, issue # 327).
- A large dark triangular shaped craft with no lights flew over Moffat, Colorado
at 11:00 p.m. It flew slowly from the east to the west at an estimated 1,000 feet altitude. One witness stated, "It was so big, it blotted out the stars!" A smaller craft soon followed the first one. (Source: Christopher O'Brien, The Mysterious Valley
, p. 246).
- On this night teenager Marisa Pearsall from Cassopolis, Michigan
found herself on a metal table. She was not afraid and she was surrounded by bright lights. She saw three short humanoids around her. They were about four feet tall and gave off a white light, but no additional features could be discerned. One of the humanoids approached her and held out two fingers forming a "V" or peace sign. Marisa reported later finding several anomalous scars on her body. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1998, case #3835, citing UFO Abduction Raw Data Page, UFO Watch).